Blog - Last Call for Scott Hall? "Wrestlings Bad Guy"



Now it's no secret that I'm a huge wrestling fan and since I was introduced to the phenomenon that is WWE (then WWF) I've been a follower of the business ever since. I was always a fan of those that had a stand out work rate and technically had a moveset that captivated me from talents such as Bret Hart & the late great Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig. But there was a new favourite superstar that made an impact with me as soon as I saw him and that was "The bad guy" Razor Ramon (Scott Hall).

Razor had it all the flashy bad guy attitude, with a keen sense of pizazz and coolness. He was oozing machismo and wasn't afraid of letting his opposition know it. And it wasn't just talk he could back it up in the ring.

When Razor left the WWF for WCW he part part of the nWo the coolest faction to grace professional wrestling and one of the reasons behind wrestling becoming the lucrative business it now is. He broke in the business in the 80s at a time when wrestlers were working on handshake deals and weren't getting guaranteed money but along with the rest of the Klique his business savvy made him one of the wrestlers that earned in the millions bracket.

In his career he had the mic skills, the look, the fan support, the ring work and everything else it take to be a World Champion but that was a feat he never reached. I had always wondered why but as Kayfabe broke and his demons that afflict his life such as battles with drug & alcohol surfaces it has now become clearer to me why he never held the most coveted gold.

I really hope Scott can get healthier than he is as he was a great performer and as much as he has put into the business it saddens me to see him in that state. It bears shades of the checkered life of Jake Roberts and very much resembles the life of "Randy the
Ram Robinson" in Dan Arnofskys "The Wrestler".

Scotts best friend & long time cohort, WWE Legend Kevin Nash said the following about Scott.

"I consider Scott like a brother. He’s much more than a friend. I have spent more time with Scott Hall in the last 18 years than I have with my wife in the 23 years we’ve been married. We have no secrets between each other. This is ‘real life’. Nobody knows what Scott has gone thru since early childhood to what he has gone thru up unto this point, except for me. I can tell you Scott Hall has neither a drug or alcohol addiction, Scott’s problem is he suffer’s from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Drugs and alcohol aren’t the problem, to Scott they are the solution. He is a fragile and broken human being, not a race horse that you take a whip to to perform. Scott Hall is in bad shape and each time I talk to him I feel it may be the last. It’s gotten to the point where I save his voice mails, much like I would’ve saved Andrew’s (Test), because I knew sometimes when I heard his message it could be the last." (Kevin Nash)

Let's send our thoughts prayers and well wishes to scott and his family as when we see a man that has lived life on the razors edge, consumed by a business of entertaining we owe him that much at least. Peace

Comments