Poem: The Doors



The Doors


Everything logical says I mustn't,
The doors it may open.. Where it could lead,
But I remember being left feeling despondent,
And that door I'd rather see closed,

Now I wander with much trepidation,
Gingerly making steps,
A quest of enchantment testing my human fabric,
Embarking on new horizons,

Windows of opportunity mysteriously unknown,
But like a revolving door I'm back at the same position,
Immersed in a space-time continuum, Visualizing change......

From one extremity to another,
Opening different realms,
Realistically though some have tried and tested,
I haven't.. so I must!

What is behind door number 1?
Will it provide a happy life?
Door number 2 bodes shades of a simpler time...

Door 3 a blind spot not known to others,
But secretly known to self,
Cannot evade such a cruel inhibition,
When intuition is cognizant,

Still irresolute the choice becomes impending.
Forward I move as back is impermeable,
Searching for bliss,
Doth such place exist,
The doors I shall open and see.

- Fonzo

Comments