Poem - Eventuality


Eventuality


I can try my hardest to push you to the back of my mind,
But what I always seem to find is more than an afterthought,
Reflecting in the here and now,
Whilst resenting upon what the past has brought,
I ought to be happier your out of my life,

You taught me such pain... such heartache... such strife!
I payed a huge cost just for doing the right thing,
But lo! it still burns so as the world turns,
Along I move with it and yearn for tomorrow,

To heal my concerns I make movements today,
But you can't run away to escape from your thoughts,
Constrained in time with realities cruel reminders,
Longing for a 'just a taste' of what once was,

The burden I carry a load so heavy,
But only inside can the strain be felt,
Taking its toll.. but what keeps me afloat,
Is one simple word.

....Eventuality!

-Fonzo

Comments