(Blog) The Liquidation of the Lady



Good Evening groovemiesters!!

“Scarcity of self value cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence." - Gary Zukav

Today brought to my attention as well as well as over 5000 other people and counting, was a freestyle video ironically titled "Spit Your Game" which boasts a young (under 18) female MC who's 3 minutes are spent in a Lil Kim-esque tirade on her sexual deviance.

Now I stand impartially from a place of no judgments as everyone makes there life choices, and seeing how this has become so topical it brings out an issue I've often thought about which is the liquidation of the lady!

Looking at "OG Niki" what I know is there were some sound bites that got sent around on the blackberry where she braggadociosly told a friend a story of a sexual encounter she had with 6 guys I won't dry snitch names or go into detail but she isn't shy of the facts or acts she took part in. At this point there was no OG Niki but nikesha a young girl that's somebody's daughter, somebody's friend, possibly somebody's sister, somebody's cousin! You get my drift... My initial reaction to hearing that was "I really need to complete this book I'm writing about intimacy, love & REALationships *cheap plug* lol

But on a serious note I was shocked that such a young girl would be so vocal about her 6 man sex romp, but living in a time where it has become fashionable to! Can we blame her?? Just looking at a few things, in times where relationships are abysmal, where casual sex is a phenomenon is it just not part of the times?.. At around 12:00 the other day I was at my play centre and listening to the radio which u used to associate with playing clean music, Rihanna's S&M came on me having never heard this record before was shocked at what I was hearing so early in the day lyrics like "sex in the air, I love the smell of it" firstly working with impressionable 5-13 year olds I had to turn it off!! It was plain to see the raunchy levels have definitely been turned up from "rude boy can you get it up" to "sticks & stones may break my bones, but chains & whips excite me" errm yeah the kids will definitely cotton on to that one fast!!

Is its any coincidence that the classy women of yesteryear who's beauty and radiance shone though there elegance as opposed to sex game are few & far between.. The days where the media glamorized love & devotion is long gone, switch on a soap on the TV and its all about who's cheating on who, who's sleeping with who, fathers sleeping with there sons wives and I could go on! The music is far from soulful like Motown days where artists would sing with a sense of nobility and social consciousness, its at a state where the artist who promote slackness like a Nicki Minaj get notoriety for it which is a shame!

Through the popularization of promiscuity a lot has been done to the female image, not defending guys as it stems both ways but there naturally has always been a differing standard on how men/women conduct themselves. Where to some females will argue if a guy can do this then why can't we?? In my opinion a woman is the most beautiful thing in this world and has so much inner beauty which transcends that of a physical nature, a woman is a being of strength and any self respecting guy wants a good woman by his side I feel so many carelessly are unaware of this themselves.

Its apparent with all the obvious media plugs, tmz's, us weekly, celebrity sex tapes, people like Kim Kardashian throat f*****g her way to peoples TV screens and becoming a cultural icon, that many have become desensitized to what is one of the purest things you can give away and labelling it as just sex. Hiding behind there narcissism and still placing there self worth high...

I mean in this OG Niki video she often says I'm not a whore (as if to convince her inner doubts) but in the same breath says she makes a career of taking off her jeans! .. I don’t know oxymoron much? Maybe now looked at as an old fashioned way of thinking but in the old days people whom carried themselves in such manner garnered negative attention and gained such titles as "harlot" but now in 2011 its "OG" which stands for original gangster lol... Erm yep

Not to take nothing away from Niki's spit game (excuse the pun) as she does showcase talent and flow-wise I'd say she's probably one on the best female flowers I've heard in Birmingham, but I personally think its a shame such as with a certain other female singer from the city (not saying no names) her talent is going to be shrouded by her exploits and past.

In closing she seems to be happy with her lifestyle and kudos to her for keeping it real as there's a lot more broads out there who have done or are doing worse secretly but where she clearly see's it as she is not hurting anyone, in all due respect I see her hurting herself spiritually, physically and emotionally and though she may not see it now with her new found celebrity status an aid to hurting the future of young black females. I implore people to think about there self-worth & I can't tell you what that is! But I feel there is a preordained standard. Ask yourself what is image based upon? Is it possible to self create yourself a healthy image of worth?? Or are we liquidating our ladies to a world of fashionable promiscuity. Think about it!

-Fonz

Comments

  1. A very good read!! I have no Idea what is wrong with these young people today!!
    I know I sound like an old person but seriously! It is some end of days shit and scares the hell out of me about bringing children into this world!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment