Poem: Unknown Number













Unknown Number


Memorized digits swirl around in my head,
Cogitating if I should dial,
Choice's, decisions on what I should do?
With thoughts of you making me smile,

Longing just to hear your voice,
I withhold my number and enter yours,
Gaze at the screen send or end?
Umm??
Take a breath and I pause,

What shall I say?
What topic is fitting,
Should I hang up or call and just listen,
Reached a decision just not the right time,
Maybe all part of a grander design,

Maintain composure from longing to speak,
Spellbound in stigmatic levels at peak,
What I requireth hegira from torture,
Hello!... Here it goes.. I'm ready now..
Sort of!

With no-one around the time is now here,
Press the green button the phone to my ear,
Rampant with fear on how you'll reply,
Fears apprehension I deftly defy,

.... Mmn I can hear something..
That can't be right,
Please check the number again then re try,
Guess Its been too long since we've severed ties,
As now your phone number has not been recognized.

- Fonzo

Comments