Poem - LOVE JONES



There’s way more to life than it seems//
Running from reality chasing dreams//
It’s what you didn't say that made me cry plus what u said caused hurting//
Life isn't a Disney movie, nothing is perfect//
I done so much to make you happy//
Cause if you are I’m too//
I never kept a secret, lied or was untrue//
I’m know I’m different and not what your used to//
So you don’t wish to feel your doing something unusual//

You trust, respect, care and like me so really Is that lust?//
I vow my love you tell me forget bout you really is that just?//
You came into my world and I would never change that//
I wake up feeling empty at the thought of you out the picture//
You can’t put off something for tomorrow as that may never come//
And you have me here now making promises today//

We met like a storybook romance to kick off the year//
We don’t have to end, Just change gears//
Sounds like a risk to unfold from your fears//
The test to be faced when loving you dear//
The tracks of my tears from not having you here//
No solace from drowning my sorrows with beer//

No relationship is a walkover its give and take//
But where does the love transform into hate//
Never was I unfaithful at times I seemed obsessed//
Without some struggle there is no progress//
The good times was high so the bad they diminish//
I stuck to my guns while you chosen to finish, at least you owe us a chance to replenish//

Now I’m pouring out my heart in rhyme, to you I did no crimes//
You should have faith in me as you know I’m not lying//
You deserve it your special there is no denying //
To make you happy I put you 1st and I’m constantly trying//
If your used to problems you seek and you find//
I always look from your point do you try see from mine//

Love is accepting someone for what they are, yet believing in what they can be//
That’s why I used to say I want to see you wavy//
Someone asked what I saw in you...my only answer was...everything//
When I saw you I knew you was the one, and you smiled because you knew//
When you look into my eyes and watch my heart shatter, does it break yours too?//

I choke up and breathe as this takes over me//
Your my everything, I thought you'd never leave//
I guess you'll never know//
You find your inner feelings just so hard to show//
You can force me to walk but I could never let you go//

Comments