I APOLOGIZE


I apologize for all the seen and unseen lies,
For the heartache and pain that brought tears in your eyes.

I apologize for not being true from the start,
for running away from you, leaving a hole in your heart.

For ignoring your feelings and pushing them aside, because I was too damn arrogant and pumped up with pride.

I apologize for making promises that I couldn`t keep, for building a foundation based on treachery and deceit.

Being selfish and inconsiderate, I did what I wanted to do,
making costly decisions without thinking of you.

I apologize for not holding you through restless nights and stormy days, for my immature thoughts and my foolish ways.

Instead of carrying your love with me, I just threw it on the
shelf, after we made love I turned away, only thinking of myself.

You cried your heart for me, while I was out running wild and loose, I destroyed the essence of your love with physical, mental, and emotional abuse.

I gave you hell by giving up when times got rough, I didn`t slap you, I pushed you, I neglected you - even that`s bad enough!

Now I see why you build a wall around you, because it is me you despise, but that`s the price that I have to pay for all the times I wore a disguise.

APPARANTLY WRITTEN BY A BLACK MAN, THIS POEM IS DEEP THOUGH AN APOLOGY CAN MEEN SO MUCH AND IS A TREMENDOUS SIGN OF VALOUR. I LIKE THIS A LOT SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORDS.

Comments