Poem: Laying In her Bed (Thinking Of You)


Laying In her Bed (Thinking Of You)


The clock strikes 12 as passion is rising,
Intensifying, querulous subsiding,
For now thoughts hiding,
As my minds being occupied,
Riding, colliding with what's been locked inside,
Unwinding the heights where climax has reached,
Energy dissolves from where it did peak,
And now I find myself simply confused,
How I'm laying In her bed thinking of you,

The aroma of sweet perfume in the air,
Beside me she lies I sense that she cares,
Her arm clutching around me with gentle finger strokes,
Deftly I withdraw the more that she emotes,
Comfort feels good but something's not right,
Faced with an image engaged in my sight,
Conflicted with plight of If only she knew,
That I'm laying in her bed thinking of you,

Been together for a while now,
But things aren't the same,
All that's in common is misery and pain,
At what does it gain when the thrill has been lost,
Reflections on past directions that cost,
Giving up hope is what she refuses,
Trying her hardest to fight our way through this ,
To keep us exclusive she doesn't construe,
That I'm laying in her bed while thinking of you.


by Alfonso P. Sosa

Comments