Poem: Jealousy












Jealousy


Foul as the wicked stench of rotting viscera, an ugly head rears its gaze,
The sight gut-wrenching and awfully triste jealousy is the name,
Contemptuous of ones difference with the drive to ascend,
A body of lies hold a tempest impostor living within,

Why do you hold the fortitude for such hostility,
We both came from the same struggles yet you envy me,
Your malice I am not concerned with,
Cannot stop my higher yearning,
I prey to God for safety from the hateful blood your churning,

Yet you came as a friendly face so I was clueless,
Left my mouth with the bitter taste of lies and hubris,
No now your smile disguised the ruthless,
Iniquitous thoughts that your consumed with,
I never new this voracious mantra,
Portaged by the green-eyed monster,

Hate what you cannot conquer, fear what you don't understand,
Brain ill-equipped to process what is close at hand,
It transforms to heinous intentions,
Envy forms thus cause declension,
Oh! A wasted form of energy,
Won't you overcome your jealousy.

- Fonzo

Comments