Poem: Masculine Motility


Masculine Motility


Often it is misconstrued that all men hold an ego,
Some are really sensitive just shrouded with machismo,
Expected to emote resilience everywhere that we go,
Some too hard upon themselves but me I keep it real though,

We all are human be that mindful,
Cut me and I bleed just like you,
Yeah I cry when pains inflicted,
To whom I show this is restricted,

Some guys masquerade through time hold feelings but don't show them,
Often female tendencies are labeled with emotions,
So the average guy in mind's evasive of that notion,
And garners through the years the pride to walk with something broken,

If you look beneath the surface,
Explore what a mans real worth is,
Delicate beneath the armor,
Yearning for a loyal partner,

Ye shall find a humble soul that's laudable in splendor,
Enriched strength that influence anaclisis agenda,
Incomplete without a woman leaves a heart annealing,
Hardening from ardors deep burn in turn men too have feelings.

- Alfonso P. Sosa

Comments